Thursday, February 19, 2009

Unsure

Once again, I've come to a junction,
the end of a path,
the aftermath of a journey, alone,
And im rowing in a two man boat,
the currents are strong,
my arms feel so weak,
yet im rowing along,
dedicated to futility,
I'm just not THAT strong.

There's no force, no spirit that drives me,
no name whispered,
no sweet words etched at the back of my mind,
yet for once, I wish there was,
an outstretched hand,
or a smiling face,
beckoning me to a warmer place.

A heart can jolt, can stumble, can shatter,
can bend, can break, yet it's never mattered.
For mine's unscathed.
Do the damage and make me feel.
MAKE me feel.

I've dreamt through the days,
I've slept through the nights,
I walk the world, anonymous.

I want to dedicate my words,
purpose; abstract
definition; unsure
Give me a reason to row to the shore.

1 comment:

  1. The anonymous do wander
    They scavenge and ponder
    Reasons to row to shore
    There are none
    What are we but skin and bones
    We will all die,
    Perish under the Sun.

    Yet remarkable are time times we,
    Sit down and look back
    All the things we gained
    But never had.
    How we spread our message around
    Each one without a sound.

    For that is purpose enough
    To live through another day
    Learn to fight another way
    Walk off paths
    And not care about going astray.

    But we forget
    That the sun will die someday
    Our thoughts will foster
    And never fray.

    :)

    ReplyDelete